Our Chiropractic Vision of Care
The most vital part of any effective treatment plan is a proper diagnosis. Our providers perform thorough evaluations to ensure we properly diagnose the root cause of a patient's complaint. This takes extra time, but ensures success.
In the treatment of pain and injury, a one-size-fits-all approach just doesn't make sense. Generic injuries like knee pain are highly different amongst each individual. Just because two people both have knee pain, doesn't mean it's the same problem. Only a thorough evaluation combined with the best care program can guarantee the highest levels of success.
What to Expect From Your Provider:
- Treatment centered around achieving YOUR goals.
- Non-surgical options for your pain.
- A comprehensive and individualized treatment plan.
- No contracts or pre-payment plans.
- Doctors that will listen to you.
The types of Chiropractic Adjustments we use:
A gentle, hands-on therapy that restores movement to spinal joints> These joints have become limited in their mobility as the result of pain, muscle spasms, and neurological sensitivity. Our providers use "Diversified" high-velocity, low-amplitude manipulation techniques. We do not believe that “bones go out of place” or become "misaligned". But they often become restricted in mobility and Spinal Manipulation Therapy (SMT) is one of the safest and most effective ways to get them feeling better and working better.
Chiropractic adjustments are a gentle, hands-on therapy that restores movement to spinal joints. These joints have become limited in their mobility as the result of pain, muscle spasms, and neurological sensitivity. Our providers use "Diversified" high-velocity, low-amplitude manipulation techniques. This is called “Spinal Manipulation Therapy” in professional lingo.
Extremity Adjustments can be performed on the non-spinal joints of the arms, legs, and jaw. These joints may experience loss of normal mobility due to pain, muscle spasms, or neurological sensitivity. Our providers use "Diversified" high-velocity, low-amplitude manipulation techniques.
Activator Chiropractic Adjustments are performed on both spinal and non-spinal joints using an instrument called an "Activator Chiropractic Tool". This tool allows for a gentle, low-force adjustment. This can be a particularly good option for individuals with poor bone density, severe pain, or spinal surgeries. It can also be used on small children and infants.
Low-force adjustment techniques are beneficial when normal forces may not be well tolerated by the patient, or when the patient has poor bones density such as in osteoporosis or osteopenia. An Activator adjusting tool is used to perform these procedures. Low-force activator adjusting is particularly beneficial in persons with osteoporosis, spinal surgeries, and severe pain.
There are two types of Chiropractors.
1. Subluxation Based: Chiropractors that focus on the correction of spinal subluxations using Chiropractic adjustments. They believe that spinal subluxations negatively affect nerve function and are a precursor to pain, injury, and disease. The elimination of spinal subluxations helps regulate nerve function and prevents complaints.
2. Medically Based: Other Chiropractors utilize Chiropractic Adjustments as a mean to optimize function of the body's joints, especially the spinal joints. The treatment of the body's internal architecture (the skeleton) serves as a strong foundation upon which to build the external architecture (the muscles). As such, a medically-based Chiropractor combines Chiropractic Adjustments and manual therapies with exercise and rehab as a means to correct pain and optimize physical health.
Many chiropractors place their patients on a long-term, expensive care plans. This turns off a lot of people from the benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments as it seems like a money grab. We offer a pay-as-you-go system that is results-oriented. This ensures that your provider is providing you with the highest level of care available and focused on your success.